Adobe Reader Version 7 or later is recommended to fully access all of the capabilities of the PDDM.
The PDDM may be downloaded as individual chapters or as a single zipped archive .
To download the file:
- select the link with the right mouse button,
- then choose "Save Target As"
All PDF files must be downloaded to the same directory in order to enable the links between chapters.
There are several ways to navigate within the document:
- Use the bookmarks on the left side of the document. The bookmarks lists the sections to the third level of the active document. The bookmarks may also be used to navigate to other sections of the manual. Sections are shown to the second level for other chapters of the manual.
- Use the Table of Contents located at the beginning of each chapter. This lists the sections to the fourth level.
- Use the navigation buttons on the bottom of the Adobe Reader screen. The single arrow allows the reader to go ahead or back one page at a time. The arrow with the line will take the reader to the beginning or end of the document. The green back arrow button next to the page number bar will take the reader back to the previously viewed page, and if the reader is on the previous page, the forward arrow takes the reader to the next page that was viewed.
- Use hypertext links. These are scattered throughout the document, taking the reader to referenced figures, sections, other chapters and external websites. These are underlined and have blue text.
- Use the scroll button on the mouse or the scroll bar on the right side of the screen to scroll through the pages of the document.
- Use the PDDM chapter pages. Sections are shown to the third level.
If the file is downloaded and then opened with Adobe Reader, the external links will open in a separate window. However, if the file is opened with a web browser, the external link will not open in a separate window. This is a compatibility issue between Adobe and the web browser.
The PDDM is designed to be a web based document, however it can be printed out. Since the document is very large, it is recommended to print the manual double sided. To facilitate this, blank pages are included in the manual so that new content begins on a new page.
If you want to create a shortcut to a specific location in the PDDM, insert the location as described above, then copy that location from your browser's address bar.
If you have other questions, please send them to the address at the bottom of this page and they might get added to the FAQ...