The legislation requires each State to submit a Highway Safety Improvement Program report that:
- Describes the progress being made to implement highway safety improvement projects;
- Assesses the effectiveness of those improvements; and
- Describes the extent to which the improvements have contributed to reducing fatalities and serious injuries on all public roads.
The Highway Safety Improvement Program Reporting Guidance provides information to States on the reporting frequency and schedule, content and structure of the report, and provisions related to the protection of data from discovery and admission into evidence. The HSIP online reporting tool is available to support the annual HSIP reporting process. All States use the HSIP online reporting tool to satisfy the HSIP reporting requirements, as required by 23 CFR 924.
Each State's HSIP report can be viewed by selecting the state name below. Any questions about individual State reports should be directed to the respective State DOT.
FHWA compiles the information collected in the HSIP reports and produces an HSIP National Summary Report. The HSIP National Summary Report provides aggregate information related to the States progress in implementing HSIP projects. Progress in implementing HSIP projects is described based on the amount of HSIP funds available and the number and general listing of projects initiated during the reporting period.
- HSIP National Summary Baseline Report: 2009-2012
- HSIP National Summary Report: 2013
- HSIP National Summary Report: 2014
- HSIP National Summary Report: 2015
- HSIP National Summary Report: 2016
- HSIP National Summary Report: 2017
- HSIP National Summary Report: 2018
- HSIP National Summary Report: 2019
Telling the HSIP Story - 2020
- HSIP in 2020
- Improving Local Road Safety with HSIP - 2020
- Keeping Pedestrians Safe with HSIP - 2020
- Advancing Speed Management Strategies with HSIP - 2020
- Implementing Systemic Safety Improvements with HSIP - 2020
- 2013 HSIP State Reports
- 2014 HSIP State Reports
- 2015 HSIP State Reports
- 2016 HSIP State Reports
- 2017 HSIP State Reports
- 2018 HSIP State Reports
- 2019 HSIP State Reports
2020 State HSIP Reports
Interested in seeing what your peers in other States are doing? Link directly to each State's 2020 HSIP report by clicking on the State name below: