Call for Projects
The California Federal Lands Access Program (FLAP) Programming Decisions Committee (PDC) is currently accepting project proposals for the 2021 Call For Projects. Proposals will be accepted through May 27, 2021.
- Letter to Applicants
- California FLAP 2021 Call for Projects Brochure
- FLAP Frequently Asked Questions
- California FLAP 2021 Call for Projects Evaluation Criteria
The FHWA Central Federal Lands Division will be hosting three webinars for all prospective applicants that anticipate applying for the California Federal Lands Access Program funds in the 2021 Call for Project Proposals.
- Overview of the California Federal Lands Access Program
- Overview of Project Proposal Materials
- Frequently Asked Questions
CA FLAP Prospective Applicants Webinar (Note: All three webinars cover the same material):
- CA FLAP Prospective Applicants- Webinar 1: Tuesday, December 15, 2020; 8:30AM-9:30AM PST /9:30AM-10:30AM MST
- CA FLAP Prospective Applicants- Webinar 2: Tuesday, January 12, 2021; 1:00PM-2:00PM PST/ 2:00PM-3:00PM MST
- CA FLAP Prospective Applicants- Webinar 3: Wednesday, February 10, 2021; 10:00AM-11:00AM PST/ 11:00AM-12:00PM MST
- Download Webinar Slides
- Download CA FLAP Prospective Applicants Webinar Part 1 (Slides 1-26)
- Download CA FLAP Prospective Applicants Webinar Part 2 (Slides 27-47)
Web Room: https://connectdot.connectsolutions.com/cflaccess/ (Login under guest field)
Call Number: 1-888-684-8852; Passcode: 597 5020
Note: No pre-registration is required. Both webinars cover the same material.
Project Proposal Packet
- Project Proposal Instructions and Checklist*
- Project Proposal Application
- Applicant Endorsement Form
- Federal Land Management Agency Support Form
- Non-Construction Transportation Worksheet
- Sample FLAP Project Cost Estimate Form
- Toll Credit Supplemental Worksheet
*Please review the Checklist for the documents that must be included with the Proposal Packet submittal. In addition to the Application and Signature Forms, applicants must include a detailed cost estimate, photos, and a map.
It is strongly recommended that you right click on each link and then (click) 'Save as' to download the file, and do not open them in your browser. Opening them in your browser may prevent functionality. When the download has completed, open your file directly from Adobe Acrobat 10 or Adobe Reader 10. This should enable full functionality of the forms. It is recommended you test this out (test download, fill-in, and save) immediately. If anything is not working correctly please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get assistance with troubleshooting.
ATTENTION APPLICANTS: Due to heightened IT security requirements, the Federal Lands Access Program will no longer be accepting ZIP files. Other file types (e.g. PDF, JPEG, etc.) can be received by simply attaching as part of your Application Packet submittal email(s). Updated Submittal Instructions to account for these new requirements have been provided below.
Updated Submittal Instructions:
Step 1. Save your form as PDF to your computer, with file name similar to: CA FLAP APP 2021 ‹PROJECT NAME›
- Check that all fields have been completed and that all your work has saved properly prior to e-mailing your application.
Step 2. Attach all additional files:
- Review the checklist you completed on page 1 and attach all photos, maps project estimates, and forms requiring signatures.
- Maximum total for all files is 15MB. To accommodate large attachment sizes, we encourage sending multiple emails referencing the volume of the email(s) in the subject line as seen in Step 3.
Step 3. E-mail your completed Project Proposal Packet including form and all attachments to email@example.com, using the subject: CA FLAP APP 2021 ‹PROJECT NAME› 1 of XX (where XX references the total number of emails in Project Proposal Packet submittal)
Step 4. Check your e-mail's "sent box" to ensure that your file was sent. Larger files may take longer to send. You can expect a confirmation of receipt of your submission within 3 business days.