The following design aids and information may be used to develop a roadway design and prepare PS&E packages. Division tools are also available at left.
The following spreadsheets are intended to assist Highway Design professionals in completing lines and grades. All results should be verified by a Professional Engineer. Unless otherwise stated the spreadsheets make use of AASHTO's A Policy on Geometric Design of Highways and Streets (the Green Book). All spreadsheets are provided as-is.
- Superelevation and Runoff Lengths - calculates superelevation rates, runoff lengths, and optional spiral lengths for a given radius
- Maximum Relative Gradient Checker - checks GEOPAK shape input file for actual Maximum Relative Gradient on superelevation runoff
- Curve Widening - Calculates curve widening for various design vehicles
- Profile grades - calculates grades, "K" values, and design speeds
- USGS StreamStats - provides an assortment of analytical tools that are useful for a variety of water-resources planning and management purposes
- Barrier Length of Need - used to calculate the length of need for guardrail installation
- NPS Visitation Statistics - includes traffic counts for the Parks