The WorkSet contains project specific information and the Sheet Index. The variables used in the WorkSet are common throughout FLH.
The following variables allow project specific information to be automatically shown on plan sheets and at other locations within the DGN files. These may be viewed in the File Properties and used in any DGN file within the WorkSet.
- Name - the name of the WorkSet file (not editable)
- Description - not currently used
- NPS - optional variable for the NPS Drawing Number on NPS projects. If not needed, replace with a space.
- PMIS - optional variable for the PMIS Number on NPS projects. If not needed, replace with a space.
- Proj Name - project's descriptive name. This information shows up on cross-section sheets and the title sheet (perhaps). This is normally set at project folder creation.
- Proj Number - project number. This information is shown on the sheet number blocks. This is normally set at project folder creation.
- State - project State (2 letter abbreviation). This information is shown on the sheet number blocks. This is normally set at project folder creation.
The remaining variables are not used.
Editing and Adding Variables
Edit and Add WorkSet variables from the WorkSet Editor:
- From the main menu select File > Close. This opens the Work Session screen. On the left side, right click on the project's WorkSet file and select Edit WorkSet.
- The variables shown may be edited. Don't change the names of these variables since it could cause sheets to not update.
- To add a property, select the Add a Custom Property button. Usually choose a text property. The new property will be added to the listing. Be sure to edit both the "Property Label" and the value. Click OKwhen complete.
The Sheet Index in Explorer controls sheet numbering. More info