These information guides include the following documents:
- Improving Knowledge and Information Management for Practical Solutions at WSDOT—Executive Summary: This document summarizes all other reports below.
- Resource Models for Practical Solutions at WSDOT: This document analyzes each stage of the Practical Solutions life cycle to identify the activities conducted, the knowledge and information needed, and the information produced.
- Improving Information Management for Practical Solutions at WSDOT: This document presents objectives and recommendations for improvements to information and data management at WSDOT.
- Enterprise Information Architecture—An Overview: This document introduces the practice of enterprise architecture (EA), which has been implemented by many organizations to better align their data, applications, technology, and staff with organizational goals and objectives, and improve organizational agility.
- Words Matter—Managing Vocabulary Resources to Support Productivity: This document examines WSDOT practices for developing, applying, and maintaining metadata, taxonomies, glossaries, and thesauri.
- Strengthening a Learning Culture for Practical Solutions: This document explores the current state of WSDOT’s learning culture and identified opportunities to strengthen learning in order to support the continued integration and evolution of practices.
- Washington State Department of Transportation
Find these and other research reports on the Washington State Department of Transportation website.
This information is disseminated under the sponsorship of the U.S. Department of Transportation in the interest of information exchange. The U.S. Government assumes no liability for the use of the information contained herein. This information does not constitute a standard, specification, or regulation. The U.S. Government does not endorse products or manufacturers. Trademarks or manufacturer's names appear in this information only because they are considered essential to the objective of this publication.
Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations, and translations thereof, expressed in this publication are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Federal Highway Administration.