Interactive Highway Safety Design Model (IHSDM): User Group
User Group Purpose
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) established the Interactive Highway Safety Design Model (IHSDM) User Group to:
- Foster communication between IHSDM users within a forum to share their experiences with the software (e.g., success stories/case studies, challenges faced, and solutions) and build support for using IHSDM within an agency.
- Provide a forum to conduct discussions and presentations on specific IHSDM-related topics.
How do I become a User Group Member?
To become a member of the IHSDM User Group (i.e., to be added to the IHSDM User Group mailing list), please send an e-mail expressing interest to IHSDM Support at email@example.com.
IHSDM User Applications/Case Studies
FHWA seeks to document IHSDM user applications/case studies by posting case study summaries and case study presentations from future IHSDM User Group meetings on the IHSDM website. Please contact IHSDM Support at firstname.lastname@example.org if you or your agency/organization have used IHSDM for safety analysis or would like to present your project at an IHSDM User Group meeting and/or prepare a project summary for posting on the IHSDM website.
June 6, 2022
The June 2022 IHSDM User Group meeting focused on the following presentations highlighting the Wisconsin Department of Transportation’s (WisDOT’s) use of IHSDM:
- WisDOT and IHSDM (Kevin Scopoline, state traffic safety engineer, WisDOT).
- Safety Evaluation of the I–894 Freeway Rehabilitation Project (Chris Hager, WisDOT, and Eric Youngblom, HNTB).
- IHSDM Intersection Example (Kevin Scopoline).
Additional topics included FHWA’s future plans for IHSDM and the IHSDM User Group, IHSDM/Highway Safety Manual training opportunities via the FHWA Resource Center and the National Highway Institute, IHSDM 2021 capabilities, and downloading and installing the software.
Click here to access a recording of the meeting.