The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) managers and staff responsible for research and technology (R&T) in particular functional areas develop and set their own R&T agendas, which reflect FHWA's mission, support strategic goals, and engage internal and external stakeholders.
For a listing of research activities at the Turner–Fairbank Highway Research Center, visit the Project Database.
Some projects managed by Turner–Fairbank Highway Research Center are conducted in phases and can last for several years. Those projects are located within the Research and Development section or you can find the project below.
- The Development of Crash Modification Factors (DCMF)
- Interactive Highway Safety Design Model (IHSDM)
- Local and Rural Roads: Evaluation of Low Cost Safety Improvements Pooled Fund Study
- Surrogate Safety Assessment Model (SSAM)
- Motorcycle Crash Causation Study (MCCS)