Innovative Tools, Techniques, and Processes to Accelerate Project Delivery in Broad Angency Announcement (BAA)
This project will provide research and implementation assistance on statewide and regional transportation planning processes, in the Planning and Environment Linkages (PEL) context to build the practitioners’ capacity to implement PEL in support of accelerating project delivery. This project will build directly on the PEL Framework and other Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) existing PEL resources. The research will include consideration of strategies, tools, and data for institutionalizing PEL in many areas.
- Planning, Environment, and Realty
- Data and Analysis
- Human Factors
To develop a refined framework, and then to provide framework implementation assistance to the State DOTs.
1. This project will produce three workshops, materials and PowerPoint presentation, and summary of workshop discussions.
2. This project will create a peer exchange workshop (and its materials and PowerPoint presentation) and a summary of peer exchange outcomes June 15, 2022.
3. This project will develop a refined framework for accelerating project delivery refined national PEL framework summary/toolkit; PowerPoint presentation; and web-based content.
4. This project will provide framework implementation assistance, and Section 508-compliant final summary report.
The FHWA realizes how important relationships are and proposes developing a process for assessing DOTs or other participants in this round of work to understand where they have strong relationships, and where investing in stronger relationships might be appropriate. This new research will build directly on the PEL Framework, which the contractor is currently working onto strengthen interagency and interdepartmental coordination, opportunities for coordinated data organization, and for the development of planning products supporting NEPA.