Tours and Meetings
Tours of the Turner-Fairbank Highway Research Center (TFHRC)
The TFHRC contains 16 laboratories, support facilities, and data sets. Group tours of the TFHRC laboratories are available to high schools, colleges and universities, transportation officials, and international guests on Wednesdays between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. A tour duration is typically 3 hours. International guests should work with the Office of International Programs to set up a tour of the facility.
We request that you schedule your tour at least 2 months in advance so that we can accommodate your specific date and laboratory preferences. For more information about setting up a tour, contact TFHRC-Tours@dot.gov.
Important Note Regarding International Tour Requests: All international guests must work with the Office of International Programs to set up a tour of the TFHRC facility.
The resources below can help you learn more about TFHRC, its laboratories, and its programs before your tour.
- Turner-Fairbank Highway Research Center Brochure:
- Office of Infrastructure Research and Development Fact Sheet:
- Office of Operations Research and Development Fact Sheet:
- Office of Safety Research and Development Fact Sheet:
- Exploratory Advanced Research Program Brochure:
- Federal Highway Administration Research Library:
- Preservation of The Reid Family Cemetery and the Evolution of the Turner-Fairbank Highway Research Center Property Fact Sheet: