Publications and Articles
Public Roads Articles
- “How 10 States Use, Evaluate, and Implement Nondestructive Evaluation Technology”, Public Roads, FHWA-HRT-21-004; Vol. 85 No. 2, Summer 2021
- “Evaluating Ultrasonic Techniques to Detect Bridge Weld Flaws”, Public Roads, FHWA-HRT-21-002; Vol. 84 No. 4, Winter 2021.
- “Detecting Bridge Corrosion with a Robotic Magnetic-based NDE System”, Public Roads, FHWA-HRT-21-001; Vol. 84 No. 3, Fall 2020.
- “Can Augmented Reality Address Highway Construction Challenges?”, Public Roads, FHWA-HRT-20-004; Vol. 84 No. 2, Summer 2020.
- “Reaching New Heights”, Public Roads, FHWA-HRT-20-002; Vol. 83 No. 4, Winter 2020.
- “Speeding Up Bridge Deck Evaluations”, Public Roads, FHWA-HRT-20-001; Vol. 83 No. 3, Fall 2019.
- Final Report: Collection of Data with Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) for Bridge Inspection and Construction Inspection: FHWA-HRT-21-086, Date: September 2021.
- Techbrief 1: Controlled-Environment Testing of UAS Digital Camera Sensor Specifications and Operational Parameters for Bridge Safety Inspections,
- Techbrief 2: Effective Practices for Using UAS During Bridge Construction
- Techbrief 3: Effective Practices for Managing Bridge Inspection Data Captured by UAS
- Nondestructive Evaluation of Concrete Bridge Decks with Overlays, Publication Number: FHWA-HRT-21-023, Date: March 2021.
- Improved Infrastructure Assessment through the Integration of Nondestructive Evaluation and Structural Health Monitoring Paradigms, Publication Number: FHWA-HRT-21-011, Date: January 2021.
- FHWA Nondestructive Evaluation Program Strategic Plan for FY 2019-2020, Publication Number: FHWA-HRT-20-045, Date: August 2020.
- Development of Phased-Array Ultrasonic Testing Acceptability Criteria (Phase II), Publication Number: FHWA-HRT-14-075, Date: October 2014.
- Development of Phased-Array Ultrasonic Testing Acceptability Criteria (Phase I), Publication Number: FHWA-HRT-14-074, Date: October 2014.
- TechBrief FHWA-HRT-12-060 Feasibility of Nondestructive Crack Detection and Monitoring Steel Bridges - 2012.
Journal and Conference Papers
- “Development of Robotic Nondestructive Testing of Steel Corrosion of Prestressed Concrete Bridge Girders using Magnetic Flux Leakage System”. Transportation Research Record 2674 (8), 466-476, 2020.
- “Assessment of the overall condition of bridge decks using the Jensen-Shannon divergence of NDE data”. NDT & E International, 2020.
- “Development of Robotic Nondestructive Testing of Steel Corrosion of Prestressed Concrete Bridge Girders using Magnetic Flux Leakage System”. Transportation Research Record, 2020.
- “Estimation of wave velocity for ultrasonic imaging of concrete structures based on dispersion analysis”. Journal of Testing and Evaluation 48 (2), 1095-1107, 2019.
- “FHWA Advanced Ultrasonic Inspection Applications for Steel Bridge Welds.” NASCC: The Steel Conference, St. Louis, 2019
- “Evaluation of the Impact Echo Method for Concrete Bridge Decks with Asphalt Overlays.” Transportation Research Board (TRB) 99th Annual Meeting, D.C., 2019
- “Ultrasonic Imaging of Multi-Layer Concrete Structures.” NDT and E International, DOI: 10.1016/j.ndteint.2018.04.012, 2018.
- “Nondestructive Testing of Steel Corrosion in Prestressed Concrete Structures Using the Magnetic Flux Leakage System.” Journal of the Transportation Research Board.
- “Reducing Thermal Reflections for Infrared Thermography Applications on Tunnel Liners with Reflective Finishes.” Transportation Research Board (TRB) 98th Annual Meeting, D.C., 2018.
- “Ultrasonic tomography for imaging multilayer concrete structures.” Transportation Research Board (TRB) 98th Annual Meeting, D.C., 2018.
- “Estimation of Wave Velocity for Ultrasonic Imaging of Concrete Structures Using the Dispersion Analysis Method.” Transportation Research Board (TRB) 98th Annual Meeting, D.C., 2018.
- “Performance of Concrete Bridge Decks of Similar Construction and Environment but different traffic loads.” Transportation and Research Record, Vol. 2550, pp. 22.
- “Characterization of Deterioration Progression in Concrete Bridge Decks from Periodical Multi NDE Technology Surveys.” The International Symposium Nondestructive Testing in Civil Engineering (conference paper), September 2015.
- “Concrete Bridge Deck Deterioration and Its Detection and Characterization Using a Fully Autonomous Robotic Platform.” The International Symposium Nondestructive Testing in Civil Engineering (conference paper), September 2015.
- “Evaluation of Phased-Array Ultrasonics on Butt Welds Using Proposed AWS D1.5 Annex, Advanced Ultrasonic Examination.” Transportation and Research Board, 2014.
- “Development of Phased-Array Ultrasonic Testing In lieu of Radiography for Testing Complete Joint Penetration (CJP) welds.” Proceeding SPIE. 9063, Nondestructive Characterization for Composite. Materials, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Infrastructure, and Homeland Security, April 2014.