In 1996, the Long-Term Pavement Performance (LTPP) program instituted a data analysis and operations feedback system to enable users of the LTPP database to report situations encountered during data analysis sponsored by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) that suggest or demonstrate the need for corrective actions or further investigation. Others are also encouraged to use this reporting mechanism. Applicable situations encountered include, but are not limited to:
- The absence of critical data for specific test sections.
- Data that appear to be incorrect, contradictory, or otherwise suspect.
- Data that are not currently collected but that are needed to fill voids identified during analysis.
- Recommendations arising from the analysis as to how data collection procedures might be improved.
Reports are considered resolved when it has been determined whether a problem exists and when action has been taken.
Potential problems may be reported for any of the following:
- Falling weight deflectometer (FWD).
- General Pavement Studies (GPS).
- Information Management System (IMS).
- Seasonal Monitoring Program (SMP).
- Specific Pavement Studies (SPS).
To request information or report a problem with the LTPP database, please print and fill out a Feedback Report Form (.pdf, 8 kb) and submit it to: