The McNamara Road project is comprised of 5.7 miles of two lane aggregate surfaced road which provides access to recreation opportunities along the Lower Blackfoot River. The road is managed by the Missoula BLM Field Office and is located 17.5 miles east of Missoula, Montana off highway MT-200.
- Missoula County
- Montana Fish, Wildlife and Park
- Bureau of Land Management – Missoula Field Office (BLM)
- Federal Highway Administration – Western Federal Lands Highway Division (FHWA-WFLHD)
Scope of Work
- Recondition and pave up to 5.7 miles of existing aggregate surfaced road, remove overgrown vegetation, widen travel way at MP 3.3, and traffic control signs.
- Recondition and pave up to 630’ of existing aggregate road under the jurisdiction of Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks.
- Install drainage systems
- Construct a Mechanically Stabilized Earth (MSE) wall
- Install guardrail and permanent traffic control